Let's Get Cooking!

The recipe club gets technical.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Meat Loaf Brasciole from Laura

Meat Loaf Brasciole (Roll-Ups)
From "Cooking 'Round the Clock" by Rachel Ray

1 lb - 1 1/2 lbs meat loaf mix (ground beef, pork, and veal - available at the butcher's counter - I just used ground beef)
Salt & Ground Black Pepper
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 egg
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 small white onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons golden raisins, chopped (I actually used whole dark raisins)
3 tablespoons pine nuts, chopped (I didn't have these, so I used
chopped/crushed walnuts - I'm realizing I basically altered the WHOLE recipe)
3 tablespoons grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Romano Cheese (I added more b/c I LOVE cheese)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (I just dumped in some dried Parsley)
1 cup arugula or baby spinach
6 slices prosciutto di Parma (I omitted for budget's sake)
6 slices provolone cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Mix meat, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, onions, raisins, pine nuts, Parmigiano, and parsley as if you were making meat loaf. Flatten meat out on a cookie sheet into a thin layer, 1/2-inch thick, 12-inches long by 6- to 8- inches wide. Cover meat with arugula or spinach, prosciutto, and provolone. Roll the meat up into a large log, working across the shorter side so that you have a 12-inch-long log.

Roast 20 minutes. Cut into 1-inch slices and serve.

Yield: 4 servings (3 - 1 inch portions per servings)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home