Let's Get Cooking!

The recipe club gets technical.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Vietnamese Fried Rice

I got this from a new cookbook Thomas gave me for my birthday. I made it last night for dinner and it was wonderful, but the house smelled like an Asian house, oh well!

Have 3 cups cooked rice ready (1 cup uncooked, but you have to prepare it)
Heat in large skillet:
3 Tablespoons oil
Add:
1 chicken breast, cut into thin strips (or any other meat, raw or cooked)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2-1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
1 Tablespoon soy sauce


Stir fry untilmeat is tender and hot, about 2 minutes.
Add:
3 cups cooked rice
Stir fry 5 minutes. Add:
1 cup leftover or frozen vegetables (I used peas and carrots)
Stir well. Just before serving atdd:
2 eggs, beaten
Over medium heat, stir carefully through rice until eggs are cooked.

I like it because it is super-easy and you can use any leftovers you might have on hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home