Let's Get Cooking!

The recipe club gets technical.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Spinach Quiche

I'm so proud of this recipe--I mixed several recipes and my own personal touches to create a delicious quiche. We have so many eggs from our chickens, I feel like I'm always cooking with them!

Spinach Quiche

1 pie crust (refrigerated or frozen)
1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed DRY
6 eggs
1 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 bunch of green onions, chopped, white parts only
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups cheese (I like 1/2 cheddar, 1/2 mozzarella or whatever is on hand--monterrey jack works well too, just mix and match!)

Place pie crust in 9 inch pie pan. On the stove, cook onion and garlic in olive oil or butter a minute or until they begin to soften some and are nice and fragrant. In bowl, combine eggs, spinach, onion and garlic, sour cream and heavy cream. Blend with mixers. Stir in cheese. Pour into pie pan--hopefully it won't overflow--mine did just a little bit. Place on baking sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes or until set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home