Let's Get Cooking!

The recipe club gets technical.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Super Bran Muffins

I am always hungry and always in search of a good, healthy, filling snack. This one hits the spot and is good for you, too.

Half a box of All Bran (bran buds) cereal (15-18 oz. box)
1/2 cup oil (I use 1/4 cup applesauce, 1/4 cup oil)
2 cups buttermilk (2 cups milk with about 1 Tbsp lemon juice)
2.5 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2.5 cups flour (I use half wheat/half white)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
fruit of choice (my favorites are blueberries--just pour in however much you think is good, chopped apple (1) + 1/2 cup raisins, or bananas)

Mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and stir well. Add fruit and stir. Fill muffin tins 2/3 of the way full and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Makes ~30 muffins. I leave some out but they tend to spoil on the counter after a few days with so much fruit in them. I put the rest in a freezer bag and freeze. Just pull out a muffin and microwave it for 25-30 seconds and it's nice, warm and you'd never know it was frozen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home