Let's Get Cooking!

The recipe club gets technical.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Sausage and Black-eyed Peas

I just got a hold of my mom's recipe book, and I have been retyping a bunch of old recipes for her - you know the ones that you can barely read cause they've been used so much. So, anyways, here is one of the recipes I have found. I grew up on this one. I made it for Adam last week, and he and I loved it. I remember not liking it as a kid, though. Funny how your taste palate can change over time. It is so easy, makes a ton, and is really cheap. Hope you all enjoy!

  • Brown and drain 1 lb. ground sausage (I used the cheapest kind HEB has and it tasted great)
  • Add and cook until limp 1 chopped onion and 1 clove minced garlic
  • Add 2 cans black-eyed peas, 1 t chili powder, and 1/4 t pepper
  • Simmer for 20 minutes
  • Serve over rice. Serves 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home